Terms & Conditions
Megatimber.com.au Terms & Conditions
- This Megatimber site at megatimber.com.au, (the "Site") is a shopping website where you can browse, select and order products from Megatimber ("Megatimber", "us" or "we)
The ‘buyer’ refers to any legal entity purchasing from the seller.
- The buyers access to and use of the site, including the buyers order of products through the site, is governed by these terms and conditions.
- If the whole or any part of a provision of this agreement is void, unenforceable or illegal in a jurisdiction it is severed for that jurisdiction. The remainder of this agreement has full force and effect and the validity or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction is not affected. This clause has no effect if the severance alters the basic nature of this agreement or is contrary to public policy.
- This agreement is governed by the laws of Australia. Each party submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that place.
- The customer agrees not to attempt to change, add to, remove, deface, hack or otherwise interfere with this website or any material or content displayed on this website.
- The buyer may order products by selecting and submitting the order through the site in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- In certain circumstances, we may need to reject your order. This may happen where the requested product is not available or if there is an error in the price or the product description posted on the site.
- The buyer agrees to comply with all relevant laws relating to your use of the site and the buyers placement of any order through the site.
Use of this site for ordering
- Any order placed through this site for a product is an offer by the buyer to purchase the particular product for the price notified (including the delivery and other charges and taxes if applicable) at the time you place the order. When the buyer orders products from the seller, this constitutes an offer from the buyer to buy those products in accordance with these Conditions of Use. The sellers acceptance of the buyers order occurs (and the contract is formed) when the goods are dispatched to the buyer.
- The seller may ask you to provide additional details or require you to confirm your details to enable us to process any orders placed through the site.
- You agree to provide us with current, complete and accurate details when asked to do so by the site.
Rejection of orders
- Each order placed for products through the site that we accept results in a separate binding agreement between you and us for the supply of those products. For each order accepted by us, we will:
- supply the products in that order to you in accordance with these terms and conditions; and
- provide you with an email confirmation of that order.
- If we reject an order placed through the Site, then we will endeavour to notify you of that rejection at the time you place the order or within a reasonable time after you submit your order.
You will be responsible for the content of any material you enter on the Megatimber website. All information you enter must be accurate, complete and not misleading, deceptive, defamatory or contrary to law. Megatimber is not responsible for and disclaims any liability in relation to the content of any messages or information posted by users, or for the content of information of third parties on the Internet, even if accessed through the Megatimber website. However, Megatimber reserves the right, which it may or may not exercise in its sole discretion, to review, edit or delete any material that Megatimber deems to be illegal, offensive or otherwise inappropriate.
Out Of Stock
- If we determine that we do not have a particular product in your order in stock, then we will use reasonable endeavours for 30 days to order the relevant product ("Back Ordered Products"). In this instance, we will notify you of the relevant Back Ordered Products and the anticipated delivery date.
- Our Back Order Policy is incorporated into these terms and conditions.
- Risk and title to the products passes to you on the date and time of delivery to the delivery address.
Fees & Charges
- We will charge you, and you agree to pay, the purchase price of each product that is ordered.
- All fees and charges identified in these terms and conditions and all prices for the products are in Australia Dollars (AUD) and include GST where applicable.
- The purchase price of each product is shown on the product list on the site at the time you place your order. The purchase price of a product on the site may not be the same or correspond to the prices in any of our stores for the same product and we are not obliged to match any prices.
- Just like in our stores, prices for products change from time to time and we do not provide any notice of these changes. Subject to these terms and conditions (and in particular, our Out Of Stock Policy), once we have accepted your order, we will not change any prices that apply to the products in that order.
- If you cancel an order then:
- we may refund any amounts paid by you for that cancelled order; subject to:
- Restocking fee may be applied
- Goods are return same condition they were received in
- The item was not a Special Ordered Item.
- You may pay the fees and charges for an accepted order using the following payment methods:
- the following credit cards:
- Visa Debit
Intellectual PropertyCopyright © Megatimber 2020. All rights reserved.
You acknowledge and agree that all content, coding, text, graphics and Information available on this website is protected by copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property rights and laws.
All other use, copying, adaptation, transmission or reproduction of this website or any part of it is prohibited except to the extent permitted by Australian and international copyright law.
The trade marks which appear on this website are the trade marks of their respective owners. Use of these trade marks without the owners consent will infringe the respective owner’s intellectual property rights. Nothing in this website should be interpreted as granting any rights to use or distribute any names, logos, or trade marks except with the express written consent of the respective owner.
No part of this website may be reproduced, modified, or distributed in any form or manner without the prior written permission of Megatimber.
Megatimber is not liable to any party for any direct, indirect, economic or consequential loss or damage for any use of or reliance upon the Information found on this website or on any other linked website, including, without limitation to, loss suffered in connection with out of date materials or transmission of computer viruses, lost profits, business interruption, loss of programs or data, even if Megatimber is expressly advised of the possibility of such damages. If your use of the website or the Information results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, Megatimber is not responsible for those costs.
Megatimber does not warrant or represent that the Information is free from computer viruses or other typographical errors or defects. Megatimber recommends that virus checks should be done on any Information downloaded. The use of the website and the Information is at your own risk.
Megatimber excludes, to the maximum extent permitted by law, all warranties, representations, and implied terms and any liability which may arise in relation to access to or use of this website or the Information.
Where liability cannot be excluded, any liability incurred by Megatimber is limited to, at the option of Megatimber, the re-supply of the Information on the website or the repayment of reasonable costs of having the Information re-supplied. Under no circumstances will Megatimber be liable for any direct, indirect, economic, incidental, special or consequential loss or damages arising out of the use of this website or the Information, including lost business profits.
Megatimber is a asubsidiary of Canterbury Timber & Building Supplies.
Updated 31 July 2020